Careers at the Nolitan Hotel
Join our family and become a Nolitan.
Below is a complete list of available opportunities at our hotel, in the heart of New York City. If you see a position that you think may be right for you, please feel free to send us a cover letter and your resume. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 212-925-2556.
Position: House Attendant
Reporting to: Executive Housekeeper
Summary of Position: Perform a combination of tasks to maintain guestrooms, back of the house working areas and hotel premises in an attractive, clean and orderly manner
- To uphold and comply with The Nolitan Service Standards at all times.
- To inspect and maintain a high level of service and standards for all guest rooms and public spaces.
- Provides assistance and support to room attendants and Supervisors
- Performs cleaning duties in rooms hallways and restrooms and hotel grounds as required
- Performs general cleaning of areas by washing walls, ceilings, moving and arranging furniture, cleaning windows glass tops, dusting polishing different surfaces, flipping mattresses etc.
- Strips rooms upon request
- Receives deliveries and stocks supplies in storage areas
- Organizes storage areas
- Operates housekeeping equipment such as: pressure washers, wet vacuums, snow blower, etc.
- Removes trash to the garbage room and loading area
- Delivers and retrieves items to guest rooms and other departments of the hotel
- Maintains the landscape of the property as needed
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.
- Physical mobility and stamina required.
- Able to bend, lift, or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to be standing/mobile for at least 8 hours per day.
- Fast paced strides are required.
- Pull, push, move and carry and lift up 50 lbs of force are required.
- Must be able to seize, grasp turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to hear and speak clear to communicate with guests and employees.
Guest Service Agent
Position: Guest Service Agent
Reporting to: Assistant Front Office Manager and Front Office Manager
Summary of Position: Responsible for facilitating the daily operations relating directly and indirectly to overall guest satisfaction. Specific responsibilities include:
- Adheres to and upholds all Nolitan Service Standards
- Greets and registers guests in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- Check arrivals and departures
- Prepare Traces and billing instructions
- Verify credit limits of In House guests
- Delegate bellman for guest luggage, faxes and mail to be delivered.
- Control guestroom keys
- Answer telephone calls, send faxes and assist with guests’ requests
- Assists with making guest reservations
- Acts as Concierge when necessary
- Maintain guest profiles
- Organize and prepare amenities for delivery
- Posting room charges
- Receive feedback from the guest about their stay
- Perform other duties as requested
- Coordinates with other departments to satisfy guests’ requests
- Previous hotel experience preferred.
• Must be detail oriented
• Able to communicate written and spoken English clearly.
• Excellent overall communication skills
• Excellent guest service skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work a flexible full-time schedule to include weekends and holidays
• Strong organizational and communication skills required
• Must have professional phone etiquette
• Must have strong computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft software
• Computer literate (Microsoft Word & Excel). Knowledge of OPERA is preferred
- Must be able to stand on your feet for at least 8 hours, to check in and check out guests.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to pull and lift keys and packages at least 20 pounds of force.